New Leader Toolkit
Congratulations! You’ve just taken on a new leadership role. So now what do you do? Where do you begin? Are you overwhelmed, paralyzed with fear, and even thinking, “Oh no!! Did I make the wrong decision?”
Don’t worry – you are NOT alone.
At the Healthy Workforce Institute, we GET it.
We get what it’s like to go from being a clinical nurse to a nurse manager in a nano second. You were probably selected for your new role because you are a great clinician, proficient inserting IVs and managing chest tubes. You can become competent in your new role as a great leader with some foundational strategies and resources.
The New Leader Toolkit is your next first step.
Here’s what’s included:
1. eCourse: Eradicating Bullying & Incivility: Essential Skills for Healthcare Leaders
When disruptive behaviors go unaddressed in healthcare, bad things happen to patients and employees. However, many leaders struggle to set behavioral expectations and hold employees accountable for professional behaviors.
The good news is we’ve created a course to provide leaders with the strategies and resources they need to confidently address disruptive behaviors.
This self-study course is designed with the busy nurse leader in mind.
In this course, you will:
- Recognize the characteristics of bullying and incivility and their detrimental impact.
- Develop the skills needed to confront and eliminate disruptive behaviors.
- Identify strategies to create a culture of civility and respect in the workplace.
- Establish behavioral expectations and action steps to address future incidence.
- Transform your department into a nurturing, supportive, and professional workplace.
This course is your essential first step in being able to recognize, address and eradicate the prevalent, disruptive behaviors that are undermining your workforce culture.
You will have 1-year access to this eCourse with a discounted option to extend your access at the end of 1 year.
2. Book: Enough! Eradicate Bullying & Incivility in Healthcare: Strategies for Front Line Leaders
As a leader, you can’t afford to ignore the negative impact disruptive behaviors have on the financial health of your organization, the physical and emotional health of your employees, and the health of the patients they serve. The good news is that you don’t have to!
Finally! A solution to help leaders take action against bullying and incivility.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- How to identify behaviors that undermine a healthy workforce culture.
- How to set behavioral expectations and hold employees accountable.
- Practical and powerful tactics and techniques to confront disruptive behaviors.
- Action steps to hardwire healthy workforce best practices into the fabric of your department.
- Four initiatives to address common ways bullying and incivility show up in your organization.
3. Book: Do No Harm Applies to Nurses Too! Strategies to Protect and Bully-proof Yourself at Work
Nurses choose their profession to deliver compassionate and effective patient care, and then they discover the ugly in nursing: nurses can be horrific to each other.
Finally, here is a book to guide nurses along a new path. Renee Thompson, DNP, RN, CSP, FAAN, a bullying and incivility nurse expert with extensive experience in direct patient care, leadership, and education across healthcare venues, tackles the dirty secret that has plagued nursing for years.
In this book you’ll learn:
- How to respond to the two types of bully behavior: overt and covert.
- What to do to make yourself less attractive to bullies.
- Specific manageable steps to stop the bullying.
- Sample responses to common bully attacks in nursing.
- What to do if you’ve tried everything without success.
4. eBook: 52 Tactical Tips to Create a Respectful Work Culture in Healthcare
In an ideal world, leaders would spend their time and energy helping their teams grow, learn, and become their very best selves so that they can take better care of patients AND each other.
Yet, more often, leaders spend all of their time putting out employee “fires” all day instead of building professional, respectful teams. So, bad things happen to patients and employees.
In this digital product you will find 52 tips & tactics to start your week and move one step closer to building a better, more professional, and respectful healthcare team.
These tips & tactics include:
- Simple and easy activities you can do with your teams that promote professional conduct.
- Messages you can include in your huddles or team meetings.
- Powerful lessons based on healthy workforce best practices to help YOU better lead your teams.
Separately, these 4 products cost a total of $447. But when you buy them all together in our New Leader Toolkit, you’ll save $30! Buy today and begin your new leadership journey!