Healthy Workforce Academy
When disruptive behaviors go unaddressed in healthcare, bad things happen to patients and employees.
Countless studies that show that…
- Individuals pay the price of bullying with their physical, mental, and psychological health.
- Patients pay the price of bullying and incivility with their safety, quality, and satisfaction.
- Organizations pay the price of bullying and incivility with their profits.
We can and should do better.
Developing individual skills and consistent actions are essential in managing disruptive behaviors. The Healthy Workforce Institute can help build confident healthcare teams who competently address disruptive behaviors in the moment and cultivate a culture of mutual respect across all disciplines. Through our online learning platform, the Healthy Workforce Academy (HWA), leaders and employees learn how to:
- Reduce incidents of bullying and incivility
- Set behavioral expectations and hold everyone accountable for professional behavior
- Skillfully handle difficult situations involving unprofessional behavior
- Cultivate caring and respectful work cultures
The Healthy Workforce Academy is a repository of online programs specifically designed to support front line leaders and their teams in cultivating a professional, supportive, and respectful workforce culture. With individualized coaching calls, videos, program outlines, data, resources, and recorded didactic presentations, leaders embrace a stepwise process to build the leadership skills they need to build cohesive respectful teams.
The HWA equips leaders so that any incidents of bullying or incivility are immediately rejected and a healthy workforce culture becomes the new norm. As a result, healthcare teams are more engaged and fulfilled to better serve patients and each other.